All Photos Appearing Above, Will Be Of Altus Or The Surrounding Area.

http://www.virtuallandmedia.com/img5/h-lines2/l003.gif

What's it like, living in Altus, Oklahoma? Well it's very much like any other larger city or town, with the same set of problems but on a much smaller scale. Believe me, I won't go candy coating anything here. When I seek a service be it for whatever reason, I will make a note of it, for all to see. What you see is what you get. Just consider me, Your Altus Mystery Shopper. Please Note: No Discounts Or Freebies Are Given Nor Accepted By This, Your Altus Mystery Shopper!

Click here for a free hit counter!
Click for free hit counter



YoWindow.com
Forecast by NWS



OklaTravelNet

Discover Altus / Realtor Info

14 June 2010

The Plaza


401 East Broadway
Altus, Ok. 73521
580-379-4453


The Plaza, a Mexican Restaurant just opened up the other day. At onetime, this same building housed a Denny's Restaurant. That in and of itself, is another story and I won't go into that right now.

As the video proves, this new place is quite the talk of the town, and is exceedingly popular with the locals. Because of that, we decided to check this new eatery.

We were given that good ole Okie welcome as we entered. Asked if we'd preferred a booth or table, and decided upon a booth. Now most often, we prefer a table over a booth. Reason is, because a table affords one to have a bit more room. Shock shock, the booth wasn't tight fitting in the slightest! My first impression after being seated was, they were using real, honest to goodness, cloth napkins! To my limited knowledge, this is the only place in Altus, who provides this service!

The server arrived with a large basket of corn ships and a large serving of salsa. I couldn't help but to note, the server was very well dressed and well mannered. My wife placed a order for a Dr. Pepper, no ice, and I ordered a glass of unsweetened ice tea. A short time later, or beverages of choice arrived. Unlike our last outing, (Eddie's Ole Time Cafe.) the server got our order right!

Looking about, we noticed how there seemed to be no shortage of servers. Also, every server, be they male or female, was clean cut and well mannered. The restrooms were clean and orderly.

We both placed a order for a small American Salad. The wife ordered the Carne Guisade Plate and I ordered, the Crispy Chicken Relleno Plate. Just before our salads were finished, is when the meal itself arrived. Also, we ordered a large serving of Guacamole Dip.

My wife's order was right. Mine is a different story. As noted up above, I had ordered the Chicken Relleno but received the beef instead. The Quacamolie Dip was small and not the large, we had ordered.

After we had dug into our meals, we both agreed there seemed to be no spices used. In general, the food was rather on the bland side. I know how this will sound, but the beef used tasted like potted meat.

On the ole scale of 1 to 5? Cleanliness, 5. Service, 5. Food presentation, 5. Taste, 3. Total Score, 4.5.






Your Altus Mystery Shopper...

1 comment:

  1. Well, Altus Mystery Shopper, I am sorry to hear about your dining experience at The Plaza. I have eaten there twice now. My first experience was within a few days of their opening. Everything was just as you have written above, except our meals were delicious. Trust me, I am not an Altus local. I have traveled to and fro, near and far. Also, the staff was incredibly patient with my ever so inquisitive 6 year old and demanding 3 year old. My only complaint about my first visit was that I had to ask for my order of extra tortillas twice. My second visit was a few days ago. (July 17th) This latest visit was just about perfect and the food was seasoned nicely.

    ReplyDelete