All Photos Appearing Above, Will Be Of Altus Or The Surrounding Area.

http://www.virtuallandmedia.com/img5/h-lines2/l003.gif

What's it like, living in Altus, Oklahoma? Well it's very much like any other larger city or town, with the same set of problems but on a much smaller scale. Believe me, I won't go candy coating anything here. When I seek a service be it for whatever reason, I will make a note of it, for all to see. What you see is what you get. Just consider me, Your Altus Mystery Shopper. Please Note: No Discounts Or Freebies Are Given Nor Accepted By This, Your Altus Mystery Shopper!

Click here for a free hit counter!
Click for free hit counter



YoWindow.com
Forecast by NWS



OklaTravelNet

Discover Altus / Realtor Info

31 January 2009

Long John Silver's


1215 North Main Street


Late this afternoon, (31st of January) the wife and myself were out and about and the thought of having something light hit us. The question was, where to go for a light meal? The wife suggested Long John Silver's and I just had to totally agree. I must admit, its been years since I last visited this place.

The first thing that I had noted, was the missing rowboat and other seafaring flare from the outside. (Cost cutting or are these items to be replaced, in the not to distant future?) And yes I must admit, I kinda missed this little touch.

Before I get onto the rest of this report, please view this short video.




We entered and found the lady behind the counter had a smile and greeted us in a friendly manner. We placed our orders with the wife having the Fish And Chips along with a small soda. Myself, I had ordered the Combo with a cup of coffee and a small appetizer of Lobster Bites. The total order came to slightly under $20.00 for the both of us.

Looking about, I couldn't help but to note, how clean this place really was. Not an easy task considering there was only 2 people on duty. Shortly our meals had arrived at our table and again, the lady who had taken our order, had also brought our meals to us which included a smile and a warm thank you.

As I had remembered, the meal was of the same good taste and quality. As in years past, they also offered the same Malt Vinegar Sauce and the Cajun Chef Hot Sauce. Vinegar is vinegar and for some reason, I was totally into the hot sauce mood. Found the hot sauce flavorful but just on the warm side. Kinda wish when hot sauce is being offered, that it is in fact, hot.




We sat eating our meals and just enjoyed each others company. I had turned to my right and couldn't help but to notice, how the electrical cover was missing from a wall outlet. (This item appears in the video posted above.) Before leaving, I just had to visit the mens room so that my little report to you, would be more complete. I entered, washed my hands and had to compare it to a visit to a mens room, at a gasoline station. It was also noted, a little brown looking thing someone had left behind, sitting next to the stool.

Here a bit of understanding must be given on that ole 5 scale. (After all, there was in fact only 2 people working during our visit.) Food would be rated at a 4, cleanliness of the eating area a 4, mens restroom just had to be rated at a 1. Safety is rated at a 1. We got up to leave and the same lady who had taken our order, served our order had also, wished us a good evening as we departed. So on the friendliness of the Long John Silver's staff, we both had to rate it a good solid 5.




An Old Long John Silver's Television Commercial


UPDATE

Received the following message in today's running of the mail:

I am very sorry for the problems that you encountered on your recent visit to our Long John Silver’s in Altus, OK. I viewed the blog and I really appreciate the positive comments about the cleanliness and the customer service. I also appreciate your comments about the items that need to be corrected. We are currently in the process of improving the exterior. We will be adding some landscaping and something unique for this restaurant. The issue in the restroom is cleaned up and the outlet will be taken care of immediately. We value your patronage so I want to thank you for making us aware of the issues and I truly hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you. I have included a coupon to use on your next visit. Thank you again for making us aware of the problem and we look forward to serving you again.


Sincerely,

Shelly Billings / Area Manager

Note: The coupon never did make the trip but I did respond having said, its the thought that counts.


Your Altus Mystery Shopper...

No comments:

Post a Comment