All Photos Appearing Above, Will Be Of Altus Or The Surrounding Area.

http://www.virtuallandmedia.com/img5/h-lines2/l003.gif

What's it like, living in Altus, Oklahoma? Well it's very much like any other larger city or town, with the same set of problems but on a much smaller scale. Believe me, I won't go candy coating anything here. When I seek a service be it for whatever reason, I will make a note of it, for all to see. What you see is what you get. Just consider me, Your Altus Mystery Shopper. Please Note: No Discounts Or Freebies Are Given Nor Accepted By This, Your Altus Mystery Shopper!

Click here for a free hit counter!
Click for free hit counter



YoWindow.com
Forecast by NWS



OklaTravelNet

Discover Altus / Realtor Info

27 April 2009

Dilapidated Homes


It's been estimated, Altus has approximately 400+ abandoned and dilapidated homes. They can be seen upon every street and block within the community. I'm sure the loss of jobs, higher cost of living is just one of the main causes.


This past summer, I had spoken with a housing inspector, who came down from the City, to inspect HUD homes. I had asked, "Of all the cities and towns visited, which seemed to be the overall worst?" Without hesitation, he said: Altus. The age of the town, trash filled alley's, abandoned autos, the rundown look, unkempt homes with a large number looking more like a home belonging to Stanford & Son.

A week prior to last Thanksgiving, I had called the city to have a cleanup crew make a run thru our alley. After several weeks of waiting, I had called again and was assured, a crew was working in our area. Still waiting until I couldn't wait anymore. I ran my little car thru the alley, picking up trash and depositing it into dumpsters. This little chore wasn't that little, because it took me almost a week to complete. (If I can do this, then why can't others?)

Channel 7 reported upon this subject and I just had to bring this to your attention.







Your Altus Mystery Shopper...

No comments:

Post a Comment