All Photos Appearing Above, Will Be Of Altus Or The Surrounding Area.

http://www.virtuallandmedia.com/img5/h-lines2/l003.gif

What's it like, living in Altus, Oklahoma? Well it's very much like any other larger city or town, with the same set of problems but on a much smaller scale. Believe me, I won't go candy coating anything here. When I seek a service be it for whatever reason, I will make a note of it, for all to see. What you see is what you get. Just consider me, Your Altus Mystery Shopper. Please Note: No Discounts Or Freebies Are Given Nor Accepted By This, Your Altus Mystery Shopper!

Click here for a free hit counter!
Click for free hit counter



YoWindow.com
Forecast by NWS



OklaTravelNet

Discover Altus / Realtor Info

02 June 2010

Eddie's Old Time Cafe




Every once in a while, we visit some of the old places we've reported upon. Several weeks ago, were were out and about taking photos, when that ole hunger critter bit us. Since we were on the north side of town, we decided to hit up Eddie's Old Time Cafe again. Our first report wasn't glowing but at least, the food was good and the place was somewhat clean. You can read that post by clicking here.

We entered and was greeted by a young hostess that said and I quote: 'What do you guys want?' My wife had placed a order for a Dr. Pepper with no ice and I had ordered, a cup of black coffee.

After having looked the menu over for a few minutes, our beverages arrived. The glass the Dr. Pepper my wife had ordered, was just filled with ice. My cup of coffee was just down right stone cold. I called the hostess back over and asked if they had a microwave oven. She said yes, that they did and I requested that my coffee be heated because it was cold. Note: The menu says that they offer Freshly Brewed Coffee.

Once that part of our order was corrected, my wife placed her order for what was termed, the Best Hamburger On The Planet. In turn, I had ordered the Reuben Sandwich with a side order of potato salad. As we mostly do, we sat across from each other, holding hands and just chatting about anything and everything.

Just before our meals had arrived, we both hit up the rest rooms so that we could clean up before eating our meals. The wife commented how dirty the Ladies Room was and I had mentioned to her, how dirty the Mens Room was.

A short time later, our meals were served. My wife bit into her Best Hamburger On The Planet, and commented that Whataburger was far better. I took ahold of my Reuben and it felt real strange. I removed the top slice of bread and found, there was no other bread added to make it a complete sandwich. I called over the hostess and showed her my sandwich and she took it back to the kitchen. She returned a short time later and commented they had a new cook. Seems to me that any person knows that it takes 2 slices of bread, to make a complete sandwich. Note: Are not Ruben Sandwich's served with a pickle slice? Not here.

Sitting upon the table, close to the wall, is where the silverware is in a small metal bucket. Not this time, because that bucket must have had a hole because, it didn't have anything in it. So again, I had to call the hostess back over to our table.

Meals were done and we just couldn't wait to get out of this place. I walked over to the register whereupon the lady had asked, how our meal were. I said, 'Do you really want to know?' She said yes and I had told her of our dinning experience. She commented that I should have informed her. Like in, who is this lady? For all I know, she could have been just another hostess on break.

Now for that ole scale that runs from 1 to 5. Restroom cleanliness, 2. Service received, 2. Food quality, 2. Cleanliness of the dinning area, 3. Hostess attitude, 3. So with all of this in mind, I'll let you be the judge of the overall score.

Your Altus Mystery Shopper...

No comments:

Post a Comment